VIEW ALL GALLERY LIGHTS

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Simplex Newspaper II update : Why Google Friend Connect can't display in blog?

Several days ago ,I have a comment and an email from Simon Jose N who complaint that he can't use Google friend connect in template Simplex Newspaper 2 , it mean he can add this widget to blog ,but it can not display . After 1 days for searching in Google and digging in my template ,I find out that the reason is in template itself . In template ,I used one javascript framework Scriptaculous for Lightbox effect ,and some .js files related to this effect conflict to script of Google Friend Connect and it the reason why GFC can't display .
Google Friend Connect fixed
To fix this problem ,we can simply add this code before </body> :

<script>
window.JSON = {
parse: function(st){
return st.evalJSON();
},
stringify: function(obj){
return Object.toJSON(obj);
}
};
</script>

That's all . I applied this tip in my Simplex Newspaper II live demo and everything is ok . I hope it will work fine for you .
With this post ,I want to appologize for my late replying to Simon Jose N and all people who met this trouble .I know this error affect to your site . And I want to say "thank you" for error reporting . It will help us make template much better .

No comments:

Post a Comment